Monday, January 19, 2009

Lessons Learned

Interesting night to say the least.

A lot of things I expected and didn't expect.

We went out, had some drinks, and talked about the whole situation in depth.

And we kissed. It was freaking cute and unexpected. He's really good at that.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with his girl, but we'll see. Last he told me things were pretty much over....and hey, for the record, I did say it would probably be a week more and then *BOOM*...done.

Ah well.

I'm being cautious about things this time around. I'm not planning on making any mistakes or interpreting things in a way that they shouldn't be.

I definitely learned some things from this experience. Be patient, be kind, be wise, and be honest.

Good things to learn and all at once? Wow.

Like I said, I'm not really sure where things are going from here, but it's kind of nice to not know what's going to happen.

I did kick myself a bit after learning some stuff that I didn't know...about how he wanted me to come after him and try to push the issue...where here I am trying not to make the situation any worse than it could be.

Of course...the one thing I try to do correct and end up failing at because I was scared to mess things up.

The past is the past, we both realized that...and that it's never to late to try something again.

Ever since last night I've had a mix of happiness and feeling worried about what is to come.

I'm not sure I 100% trust him....especially with his track record...but the thing is that I want to trust him....so I'm going to give him a shot and see what comes of it.

I like where I'm at. I really do.

No comments: